Did you know that you don’t have to be in Chicago to get high level improv coaching through the Improv Resource Center? It’s true. Kevin Mullaney, director of the IRC offers coaching via Skype (or Facetime or Google Hangout) to anywhere in the world for the same low price for coaching in Chicago.
Who is Kevin Mullaney?Kevin has taught improvisation for 20 years, first for iO Theater, for the UCB Theatre in New York and and now for the Improv Resource Center in Chicago. He is the host of the Improv Resource Center Podcast and the webmaster of the Improv Resource Center. Since returning to Chicago, he has directed many shows both improvised and written including: One Act Roulette, #trending, Based on a True Story, Dear James Franco, Vampyre Hunter High, Space Warps, and A Swarm of Spoilers.
He is the former Artistic Director of the Chicago Improv Festival and of the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in New York, where he also served as the chief administrator of their training program. He directed numerous improv shows for the UCB Theater including “Tracers”, “Retraced”, “Individually Wrapped”, and “The Swarm in Slow Waltz Around Rage Mountain”. He is the creator of Cage-Match and the Annual 3 on 3 Tournament at UCB. He recently won the 2015 INNY award from Improvisation News for the best “Best Improv Comedy Instructor/Coach”.
What forms can Kevin teach you?
- The Harold
- The Monolog Deconstruction
- La Ronde
- Monoscenes (and one act plays)
- The Movie
What skills can he help you build?
- Game of the Scene
- Improvising from the Gut – Building your skills as an actor and using them to make your improv scenes more interesting and honest.
- Unleashing your Improv – Developing tools to inject unpredictable elements into your scenework.
- Emotional Yo-yo – Learn a specific emotion driven approach to the game of the scene, that is surprising and fun.
- Viewpoints – use body shape, spatial relationship, tempo, gestures, architecture and more to add some stagecraft to your work.
- Custom exercises for you and your team – Got something you would like to work on? Let Kevin know and he can design exercises to build those tools.
What does Skype coaching cost?
Prices are the same whether in person or via Skype.
- 1 hour session: $50
- 2 hour session: $90
- 3 hour session: $125
- $5 less per hour for weekdays before 5pm central
- $5 less per hour for when prepaying for 5 weeks (or more)
Contact Kevin at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and to book time.