The competition was fierce in the Chicago Improv Classic this past Saturday night. Twelve teams performed and four of them move on to the Semi-Finals each with one new member. It was a night of very close votes, with 1 vote separating first and second place in each show.
In the 8:30pm show, Twobular and Playroom took first and second place. Twobular with Rebecca Gerstung and Matthias Scheidler drafted Jim Gribbin from The Sphinx. And Playroom with Val Agnew and Adam Wynn drafted Orlando Lara from McGarnackle.
In the 10pm show not only did 1st and 2nd come down to one vote, but two teams tied for third, only one vote away from moving on to the Semi-Finals. Gold Fools with Matt Waechter and Bryan Andino came in first place and drafted Patrick Newson. While Fireside Chats with Sara Savusa and Rebecca Gold came in second and drafted Steven Siedzinski.
Here is how the schedule for the Semi-Finals is shaping up:
Saturday, January 28st, 10:00 pm – Get Tickets
- Creeps – Emily Hock, Alex Manich, & Erin Lovelace
- PRIMAL – Jay Burlingham, Susan Gordon & Tori Titmas
- Playroom – Val Agnew, Adam Wynn & Orlando Lara
Saturday, February 4th, 10:00 pm – Get Tickets
- ClusterFudge! – Carlos Rivera, Tommy Karner & Emma Welch
- Gold Fools – Matt Waechter, Bryan Andino & Patrick Newson
- Twobular – Rebecca Gerstung, Matthias Scheidler & Jim Gribbin
Saturday, Feb 11th, 10:00 pm – Get Tickets
- French Toast – Colette Gregory, Rachel Smith & Christine Nikolich
- Fireside Chats – Sara Savusa, Rebecca Gold & Steven Siedzinski
You can always check the most up to date calendar of future shows in the tournament.
Here are some photos of the rest of the teams that played on Saturday: