Way Of Improv w. Rich Talarico returns! Los Angeles

RICH TALARICO

richtalarico.com
**WOI 100717 FALL 2017 class info.jpeg

https://bronzemedalentertainment.com/product/the-way-improv-returns/

The Way Of Improv - A 6 Week Course in Long Form Improvisation Led By – Rich Talarico

SUNDAYS 10am – 1pm

NOV 5/ NOV 12/ NOV 19/ NOV 26/ DEC 3 / DEC 10

GLENDALE ARTS COMMUNITY ROOM
118 W CALIFORNIA AVE
GLENDALE CA 91203

Take away the pressure of having to think up the entire premise of your scene before you initiate. That’s not improv. That’s invention. Improv is about cooperation and DISCOVERY. Abandon the FLAME THROWER METHOD of starting a scene. Learn the TWO STICKS RUBBING TOGETHER METHOD to light the fire of scene and character discovery. With a focus on group mind, small thankless moves, and cooperation & discovery, you’ll learn to instantly create and sustain strong, smart, funny scenes. Walk the plotless path. “We don’t serve plot, plot serves us.” Students learn to play “WHO” and “WHERE” so “WHAT” simply appears. Meditations and group mind exercises will help you realize that –everything that happens in improv is either an obstacle or an opportunity. The choice is yours.

Intermediate to Advanced players.

“Rich Talarico is one of the funniest and most inspiring human beings on the planet. As a teacher, his techniques and insights help you to become the best improviser you can be, in a very calm, cool and collected way.”

– Kevin Patrick Robbins, Artistic Director, Impatient Theater Co., Toronto

“The patience and clarity that Rich Talarico brings to his teaching, makes you feel safe and supported, freeing you to develop as an improviser.”

— Woody Drennan, Owner, Unplanned Comedy, Pittsburgh

“Rich’s teaching style was simple and direct, and he gave me tools I could use immediately. He easily handled the variety of experience in the class, giving each participant something to work toward. I would gladly take more classes with Rich Talarico!”

–Mark Orr, Talent Coordinator – Kansas City Improv Festival

“Rich is one of those rare people who not only loves to teach, but also wants to learn from his students. His passion and respect for improv as an ever-evolving art form is infectious. Also, he’s a shitload of fun.”

– Amy Rhodes, Student

https://bronzemedalentertainment.com/product/the-way-improv-returns/