Tricks of the Trade - Writing, Pitching, & Development Master Class

ONE NIGHT ONLY: Tuesday, January 12th 7:30pm – 10:00pm
Price: $65.00
The Complex Theater (6476 Santa Monica Blvd., Hollywood, CA 90038)
Registration Link: http://improvla.moonfruit.com/elective-writing-pitching/4589712679

Have you ever thought about writing for television? Do you have a show idea that you would love to pitch to a network? Are you an improv/sketch comedian, interested in expanding your opportunities beyond performer to writer/producer?

With a growing number of networks, as well as an expanding digital platform, there are more opportunities than ever before for original programming, which also means a greater need for writers and creators. In an intimate setting, Emmy nominated writer Rachel Lewis will work with you one by one. She will take you through the art of pitching, meetings, soft pitches and more. She will also train your mind to think strategically when it comes to this business, gain representation, and give you the tools you need to achieve your goals. It’s time to take control of your career and pitch your way to the next level. 12 students max.

About The Instructor:

RACHEL LEWIS is an Emmy nominated writer, comedian, producer, actor and voice-over actor living in Los Angeles. After spending a number of years in both Chicago and LA studying, teaching, and performing improv and sketch comedy at Second City, iO, The Annoyance Theater, and Groundlings, Rachel found that her background in sketch and improv translated well to a writers’ room as well as pitching an idea to a digital or television network. Since then Rachel has worked on shows at Amazon, Dreamworks AnimationTV and PBS, where she garnered an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Writing for a Children’s Series for ODD SQUAD. She and her writing partner have also sold two original shows to Nickelodeon (shot one of as a pilot, the other is currently in development). They have also teamed up with Nerdist Industries, to shoot their original live special, PUPPET TOWN, a sketch comedy show for kids…with puppets!

What Others Are Saying:

“I felt late to the game in learning to pitch and wasn’t sure where to start. Rachel taught me everything I needed to know about how to prepare, how to act in the room, what to say and what not to say. I can’t say enough about how helpful it was. Now when I go into a pitch meeting, I’m confident and I feel like I know what I’m doing.”

- Scott Beehner – Groundlings Company Member

"Rachel supports and encourages you to set concrete goals and start on your path to success. What's great about Rachel is she takes all aspects of your life and experience into account when helping you prioritize and create actionable steps. It can be intimidating and overwhelming to get your career on track or take yourself to the next level. Rachel takes that into account, and helps you to keep moving!"

- Mary O’Malley – Actor, Writer, Educator