The Jobs thread

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member
Looking for a job in NYC? Know of a job? Post it in this thread. Let's keep the NYC forum lean and post all job related posts in one thread. Thanks!

GoldDustWoman

difficult but worth it
Hooray!

Might I suggest contributions of temp staffing agencies of various stripes as well, along with contact information? This would be a great place to store that information as well.

I will provide some as soon as I get a free moment to do so.

- m

I have one question about this thread though and it is: Why can't this thread be a sticky??? Because this thread might get lost in the shuffle.

CuteButPsycho

Get me some zyprexa
Desperation

Guys, I am completely broke and in danger of being sober for a long long time. Also homeless, but the sober part really scares me. Please help me find work. I've gone to all temp agencys listed on the IRC, but things are slow. I'll do office work, waitressing. Um that's about it. I'll even babysit, but after reading the first part of my post you're probably hesitant to leave me alone in a room with your child. I can totally walk your dog. I dunno. Hook me up people! Somebody must work somewhere that is hiring.

Thanks

Jess

Susannah

lovable rogue
I just got this email from my roommate, who is looking to hire immediately. Okay, so it's not for PAYING jobs, but check out that artist roster! If there are any college kids out there looking for an internship in the the hot, hot, hot field of music p.r., heed the call:

maybe it's because the economy blows and college kids need those Star-bucks
to survive these days. maybe it's because most music industry companies live
and die by them, so the pool of available ones is spread thin. for whatever
reason, i'm having a heck of a hard time finding them, and i could really
really use your help. (if you're already in the industry, i'm sure you feel
me on this.)

i need INTERNS. i need self-motivated, intelligent college kids to work for,
ya know... "experience."

so please forward this around to your nyc-based college-age siblings, your
friends of college-age siblings, some old interns of yours, etc. and tell
them that they'd be working with some of the coolest music acts in
existence, have access to free music and shows, and the best of all...
they'd have a super advisor! (ahem, that would be me.)

happy to start any takers IMMEDIATELY, or line them up for next semester.

thanks in advance for your help!
...lp

<<<>>><<<>>><<<>>>
press HERE
138 west 25th street, 7th floor
new york, ny 10001
lindsey@pressherepublicity.com

alana davis - autolux - bjork - the black keys - blanche
bloc party - bright eyes - the concretes - the faint
franz ferdinand - grandaddy - hope of the states
jet - kelli ali - the kills - l'altra - moving units
shadows fall - the shortlist awards - super furry animals
tilly and the wall - walking concert
the white stripes - willy mason - the zutons
<<<>>><<<>>><<<>>>

Bernie

Uh oh--He thought again.
My company is looking for a Sys-admin in a unix/Windows hybrid environment, although it's much heavier on the Windows, and very fundamental unix understanding should do.

They're also looking for a programmer who is either very sharp, and smart or has extensive experience in the .NET/C# environment. If you know of anything please forward me your resume. Thanks.

bernie at berniekravitz dot com

I'm always looking for folks who are interested in getting their real estate license. I'll sponsor you, and help get you started. It's a great job for someone who does a lot of night performing and rehearsing, the schedule is flexible, to a point, and you can make a ton of money.

You have to be licensed to work, but that takes about 2 weeks, and you can intern (and get paid under the table by me) while you are in school.

e mail me at catanz@hotmail.com if you are interested.

ChrisGrace

incandescent dishrag
A friend of a friend emailed this to me.

Part-time, flexible educational consultants needed.

Media Workshop is a non-profit organization specializing in professional
development in instructional technology. Using a constructivist approach
to teaching and learning, we work with educators and students, helping them
use technology in the classroom.

Your work would consist of designing and delivering professional
development workshops that are complemented with online tutorials and
resources. You would also work directly in the classroom supporting
teachers in integrating technology into their instruction, with a
particularly focus on literacy.

Requirements:
Extensive experience with instructional technology applications,
including multimedia (PowerPoint), web design/ web quests (Dreamweaver),
video (iMovie or equivalent) and MS Office (Word, Excel).
Knowledge of general education, and an understanding of various
instructional strategies to support literacy (i.e., inquiry based learning,
project-based learning, etc.) is also essential.
Knowledge and/or experience with urban education

Former teachers are strongly encouraged to apply.

Consultants are needed 2-3 days per week, working approximately 4-7 hours
per day.
Hourly rate: $35.00/hour

Visit our website for more information about our work and projects,
http://www.mediaworkshop.org

Email cover letter and resume to: dschnupp2@mediaworkshop.org
No phone calls please.

Cpt. USA

not pictured
I'm currently looking for a couple of interns for a film production company. One intern to assist the director of international sales (also a film producer) and another to assist the president of the company (an executive producer).

Email me at rccacy (at) gmail (dot com) for more information with INTERNSHIP in the subject line; job is on Wall Street with some flexibility as to days/hours.

-Rob Cacy.

Hi all!

Anyone interested in handing out magazines?

There's a publisher who's looking for someone to paper the city for a few hours (3-4) over the next two weeks. Specifically, they're looking for someone who could work one weekday (during fair weather), and then either this weekend or next.
Pay is somewhere between $15-20/hour.

If you're interested, feel free to PM me.

Love,

Rachel

youngcat said:
I'm always looking for folks who are interested in getting their real estate license. I'll sponsor you, and help get you started. It's a great job for someone who does a lot of night performing and rehearsing, the schedule is flexible, to a point, and you can make a ton of money.

You have to be licensed to work, but that takes about 2 weeks, and you can intern (and get paid under the table by me) while you are in school.

e mail me at catanz@hotmail.com if you are interested.
Update:

I am currently looking to hire anywhere from 2 to 6 people who want to eventually be licensed real estate agents. I'll sponsor you to get your license, and you can start working immediately, as an unlicensed assistant, provided you are approved by my company.

You can make anywhere from $100 to $3000 per apartment that you rent, depending on the price and fee. There's no salary, but I make a great living doing it, and I'll train you to make more money than I do.

e-mail me at catanz@hotmail if you're interested, or feel free to call me at 212-378-2338.

It's a great flexible schedule job, that allows for unlimited earning potential.

Cpt. USA

not pictured
Update:

Still looking for interns for film production company. Currently looking for readers, preferably with some script reading/writing experience. Hours and days flexible, no pay. Good opportunity to learn for someone with limited experience.

email me at rccacy (at) gmail (dot com) for more details.

youngcat said:
Update:

I am currently looking to hire anywhere from 2 to 6 people who want to eventually be licensed real estate agents. I'll sponsor you to get your license, and you can start working immediately, as an unlicensed assistant, provided you are approved by my company.

You can make anywhere from $100 to $3000 per apartment that you rent, depending on the price and fee. There's no salary, but I make a great living doing it, and I'll train you to make more money than I do.

e-mail me at catanz@hotmail if you're interested, or feel free to call me at 212-378-2338.

It's a great flexible schedule job, that allows for unlimited earning potential.
Thanks to everyone who has called or e-mailed. I will be doing interviews tomorrow and next tuesday, so if you are interested, give me a call and I'll set up a time for you to come in.

Joe

Title Spamalot Box Office Opening Event
Category Performer
Description HHC Marketing (Hugh Hysell, director) is seeking outgoing, gregarious improvisational actors for a promotional launch event to be held in Shubert Alley on Mon 12/ 6 from 8am to Noon.
Job Start Date
Job End Date
Union Information
Salary N/A

Company HHC Marketing
Address New York, NY 10018
US

Contact Jillian Boeni

Respond Method(s) At Audition

Audition Information When: Monday Nov 22, 10am.
Where: Ripley Grier Studios, 520 8th Ave. 16th Fl.
Notes/What to bring: Needed 8 males (5’6” to 6’4”, ages 20-40) and 2 females (any size, age 20-40). British and cockney dialects needed. Pay $15/hour. Audition shall consist of a short solo improv.