The Apartment Thread (October 2007)

Hey guys, I am looking for a new apartment and because I cannot afford to live by myself I am in the need of roommates. If you have an open room in your apartment you are trying to fill by January 1st or are also looking for a place and would like to find one with me, please message me. I know the holiday season can be hectic but I'm looking for a little bit of help :)

Looking for a new place

I am an improviser at UCB and am looking for people that are looking for someone to fill a room in their apartment or someone else who needs an apartment and would like to get one together. i can move as early as next week or by the end of January. Please feel free to call or email me to discuss the details!

646-675-2262
Kierajefferson@gmail.com

Rooms for rent in BK

I live in a three bedroom apartment, and two of my roommates are moving out. One is going back to South America, and the other is moving in with her bf. The one bedroom is smaller and is negotiable at $650. The other is the larger at $850 negotiable. All utilities and wifi included. The apartment is in Crown Heights near the 2/5 train. About a mile east of Prospect Park. If interested I can send some photo's and answer any questions you may have.

Thanks!

oberon900 @ gmail.com

1br/1ba in Astoria NO BROKER Great for Couples - $1300

Bright pre-war 1 bedroom off the Ditmars N/Q stop on Steinway St. Short walk to train.
Could throw a rock and hit the Q101 bus into Manhattan.
3rd floor walk-up, in-building super, wood floors, eat-in kitchen, large closet space.
Each room has nice window/light, bedroom fits full/queen bed plus some furniture.
Great water pressure, good heat (heat and hot water included).
Quiet building - No kids, no dogs, cats OK. Landlord very accommodating and responsive.
Kitchen has full-size oven and plenty of cabinets/counter space.
24-hour supermarket 3 blocks away. Laundromat around the corner.

Listed/Shown by tenant. Please call Evan at (914)672-7886 to view.
April 1 or April 15 start. Rent-Stabilized

22-73 Steinway St. (at 23rd avenue)

Astoria room for rent!

This is for a home office space / bedroom in a 3 br apt in Astoria, Queens. The home office is connected to a large, open common living room with an open kitchen attached to that. All common areas are fully furnished with optional pieces up for sale (air conditioner / bureau, etc.). We are an actor and a young professional. We prefer our home life super chill so we are looking for someone quiet and respectful. That said, we do like to hang out, so we are looking for someone to be a good "family" addition. (We love board games, Archer, and Trader Joe’s wine!!) We are EXTREMELY neat so all common areas MUST BE KEPT CLEAN and weekly cleaning duties are to be shared equally. All utilities, internet (no cable), and supplies expenses will be shared equally among the roommates. We are located about 10 minutes away from the N/Q AND the R/M subway stops (Astoria Blvd / 46th St) and one block away from the M60 bus stop into Manhattan (runs along 125th St). Rent is due on the 15th of every month and a security deposit is due along with the first month’s payment. Ideally, we are looking for a one year commitment. There is no lease but our landlady lives downstairs and is a nice little Italian lady. She will require some paperwork, so you must currently be employed and have some personal references. :) Please email Emily at harttgirl18@hotmail.com if interested.

3-4 BEDS In BUSHWICK, nO FEE

Hey guys. I work in Real estate, figured i'd let yas know about a couple of brand new renovated 4 beds my company has in Bushwick, NO FEE, real nice on Bleecker street near the Knickerbocker M and Myrtle Wyckoff L. Pet friendly, private townhouse apartments. Here is alink to the listing. Give me a buzz if you're interested or know anyone. Real cool landlord. $2800

http://www.nakedapartments.com/rental/2443405-4-bedroom-bleecker-bushwick

Moving to NYC in Dec

Salutations! I will moving to NYC at the beginning of December and in search of people to live with. I’m a very easy going 30 y/o guy who is interested in studying improvisation at the UCB theater. I can’t afford much, but who really can these days? I’m willing to talk price, space, and length of time - just shoot me a message. I’m not picky, no preferences in mind, just looking for one or more roommates in or around Manhattan. Send me a message if you or someone you know will need a roomie around December of this year. Any and all advice is welcome. Thanks!

KateC

Astoria room avail July 1

Hey guys, so I am moving out of my apartment and looking to fill the room. I loved it here, just not financially the right fit for me anymore... here are details:

1 bedroom in 2 bedroom Astoria Apartment available for July 1 move in.
(short term or long term)
July and August - $845 a month + utilities (internet, electric, gas) + $800 security deposit.
September - lease gets renewed and price might go up. Last year $45 was added to the room’s rate. Should be getting new lease within the next few weeks to know the exact amount.

1 block from Broadway N/Q, 8 blocks from Steinway R/M.
Roomate would be the lease holder: Quiet mid 20’s male actor and a mild mannered cat.
2 Washer and Dryers on lower level of building. $1.25 a load.
Additional Closet space in the hallway.
Printer and Xbox in the LivingRoom.
Selling mattress/frame and air conditioner.

Large C-town Grocery Store on corner as well as 2 Organic markets (one being 24 hrs)

Fun things to do:
Museum of the Moving Image (price of admission includes a movie!)
Socrates Sculpture Park (music and outdoor movies on the waterfront park)
United Artist Kaufman Astoria Cinema

Just of a few of the tons of places to eat and drink in neighborhood:
Strand Smokehouse
Sandford's
Sweet Afton
Monika’s Cafe Bar
Mezze Place
Snowdonia
Studio Square NYC
Locale
Winegasm
Astoria Bier and Cheese
Bare Burger
Queen’s Comfort

email - katechamuris@yahoo.com if interested in apartment and we can set up a viewing and I can send you pictures.

https://www.facebook.com/katechamuris/posts/pcb.790681206632/

Hello, IRC!

I used this board to find my last two apartments, so let's see if I can go three for three!

I'm looking for a one-bedroom for August 1st (or July 15th) in either Astoria, Sunnyside, Woodside, or Greenpoint. I'm also open to Jersey City. Looking for something in the $1600/month range.

Any leads? Let me know at sfgardella at gmail dot com.

Thanks!

Stephen

Hey y'all I'm looking for a new place to live come August 1st. My ideal room would be in either Astoria or Bushwick though I'm open to other locations if the person/price is a good fit. As far as price goes I'm looking for something $900 or below. That I'm much less flexible on. Let me know if you've got a room open and would like an awesome new roommate. If you're looking for a shitty roommate I can be that too.

Looking for Roommate For 2brd In Bushwick

Hello.

I'm looking for a fellow improv enthusiast to fill the empty bedroom in my 2 bedroom apartment in Bushwick. The apartment is amazing. It had a washer and dryer, dishwasher, balcony and Jacuzzi style bathtub all in the unit! I'm a 24-year-old woman, and I'm looking for a relaxed and friendly roommate who is down to see a lot of shows and talk improv all day long! Let me know if you or someone you know is interested in the place. Move in date is Sept 1st. Thanks.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/roo/4610093843.html

3 bedroom / 2 bath

Hey! My sister is looking for tenants for her second unit in Bed-Stuy!

It's a three bedroom, two bathroom, two-level duplex. There are two smaller bedrooms with full-size closets, and then one massive master bedroom with its own bathroom and a walk-in closet (maybe good for a couple?), completely redone kitchen and two full bathrooms. And there's air conditioning and all brand new appliances. It's roughly a ten-minute walk to the Myrtle Ave JMZ station, but also there are lots of reliable buses nearby.

All three rooms are available, and she's renting it for $2500 total-- you'd probably wanna split in a way that reflects how dumb-big the master bedroom is. Move-in is flexible, but I think she'd love to get someone in October 1st or 15th, maybe November 1st. Also, my sister would be your landlord and your downstairs neighbor and she's very cool and resourceful and a good person who I would imagine will be a good landlord.

If you're interested, please email me: montanez [dot] maritza [at] gmail [dot] com

Last edited:
Greenwood Heights

Hey y'all,

Once again looking for a new roomie starting November 1st. It is a nice 2BR in South Slope (Park Slope/Sunset Park area) that you would be sharing with me and my cat. Rent is $825 + Utilities.

Email me for info and pictures and such:
RobSpenser@gmail.com

Hey buddies!

Im looking for someone to take over the last 3 months of my lease, for 1 bedroom in a 3 bedroom apt. Looking for a Dec 1st move in (we have some wiggle room if you need it). It's super cheap (but not a shithole, I promise!) and off of the Myrtle/Wyckoff L/M stop and close to the J Gates stop. Roommates are great, both mid 20s and have full time jobs. 1 works weird hours and the other likes to chill in his room so the apt never feels crowded. It's got private roof access too, which is a huge plus in my book.

If you're interested in getting more details and checking out the place sometime soon, feel free to shoot me an email matt (dot) torres (dot) 1 (at) gmail (dot) com.

-Matt

apartment available in 3BR. $900 a month + utilities. In Williamsburg/Bushwick off the Montrose L stop. This is basically your dream apartment, so what are you waiting for? email alex . starbuck at gmail . com

available February 1st, which is in like 2 days, I know.