The Apartment Thread (October 2007)

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member
In an effort to clean up the numerous apartment threads, let's put all apartment related posts here in this thread which remain a sticky thread. Got a sublet? Need a roommate? Looking for a living situation? Post it as a reply to this thread.

Oh, this is for the 5 buroughs and close by NJ locales only.

davesiegel

Son of Sam Horn
my suggestion is that if you want to be able to have a car and be close to midtown, check out a place like brooklyn heights or cobble hill, brooklyn heights is slamming and there are awesome brownstone places all over, and great food options as well, plus there are lots of subways and its only like 20 minutes to midtown...

for your price range you could find something quite comfortable there and with actual space as opposed to anything in manhattan

Sean_Taylor

http://seantaylor.us
$900 (for one) $650/ea (for two) - large apt in Astoria, 1.5 blocks from "Astoria Blvd" N/W stop and improvisor roommate (Sean Taylor). Looking for preferably one (1) roommate until the end of the year.

The place is a 3 bedroom/non-railroad with large common room and full kitchen, courteous landlord.

*---RENTED---*

Last edited:

carton

peppermint n pipe tobacco
I signed on to the ircforum trying to reach my good buddy's wife, because I wanted to invite her to some things while he was out of town. I thought she might be one of these new non-email-checking Interweb people. Before inviting her, I searched for all her IRC-postings (to see if she actually used the IRC), and what did I find? An ad,...FOR MY OWN APARTMENT.

What The fuck. I mean, I thought we discussed this, that this was too personal and WEIRD: what-should-we-do-next, have T-Shirts printed,

would you like to live with me?!

[Picture of ME in pajamas.]

room available in Bushwick. huge room, includes loft.
$801.11/mo inclusive of util + aircon. $800 deposit.
available September 4th.
We'll walk around the city wearing these shirts. We'll dress like a beat-up old Honda Civic with a plastiboard sign in the window, showing off some some 347 nextel prepaid number drunkenly scrawled with a graffiti-tip permanent marker. wtf, guys? We discuss these things, and then I leave town for a month, and then you just do whatever.

Anyway, we're kicking out that guy out because he discovered cocaine and no longer fits in with us, nor pays rent on time. so, would you like to live in his room? in our big and (except-for-him) comfortable, well-run, accepting, financially-secure and non-weird-drug-using house?

Oh, right. about the posting, why'd I change---ok. this is a long story. I think it's more than 1000 characters. Please read my story, or if impatient skip to the end of the story for my contact info. Please don't reply on the IRC forum.

1000/month Manhattan Lower East Side; December

Just puttin a feeler out early on, I will need a new roommate in my Manhattan apartment in December 2007. It's a small but awesome/affordable place on the lower east side.

But because it's so small and I've had enough shit roommates (current one excluded!) I really don't want to live with the wrong person.

So, if you or someone wonderful you know is looking to move to Manhattan in Dec 07, let me know. I do not mix well with passive aggressives and over sensitive people. Male or female is fine. Must be laid back but responsible. And nice. Must not listen to sucky music.

1 bedroom in a 2 bedroom apt, with kitchen, living room area and bathroom. Top floor of a walkup.

- Fink

email -> theheatherfink@yahoo.com

Just puttin a feeler out early on, I will need a new roommate in my Manhattan apartment in December 2007. It's a small but awesome/affordable place on the lower east side.

But because it's so small and I've had enough shit roommates (current one excluded!) I really don't want to live with the wrong person.

So, if you or someone wonderful you know is looking to move to Manhattan in Dec 07, let me know. I do not mix well with passive aggressives and over sensitive people. Male or female is fine. Must be laid back but responsible. And nice. Must not listen to sucky music.

1 bedroom in a 2 bedroom apt, with kitchen, living room area and bathroom. Top floor of a walkup.

- Fink

email -> theheatherfink@yahoo.com

You forgot the most important part.

Resnik

Foxhole Athiest
STUNNING RENT-STABILIZED UWS 1BR BACK ON THE MARKET 12/15/07!

http://www.dangoldstein.com/images/apt/index.htm

[Pictures in the link show the apartment as it was when IMPROV LEGEND DAN GOLDSTEIN lived here]

Our lease is good 'til next July, but we would LOVE for someone (though a couple is more realistic on an improv message board) to start up a new lease (that's what we did when we took over the place from Dominique Ellner and IMPROV LEGEND DAN GOLDSTEIN) on December 15th (possibly sooner).

Large one bedroom, equally large living room. Super high ceilings! TONS of BUILT-IN shelves! MUCH storage space! THREE closets (one of which is ridiculously huge)! Cable ready! Flowy sheer curtains! A toilet!

Your rent would be roughly $2,000/month (I told you a couple is more realistic), but the convenience and location are divine. The building has an elevator! You're 1.5 blocks away from the B and C! Mere yards from the M10 bus! D'Agostino? Around the corner! 24-hour Duane Reade? Also around the corner -- across the street from the Ace Hardware! McDonald's? 345 dry cleaners? Jackson Hole? Good Enough To Eat? Movie theaters? Flea markets? Cheap yet amazing Italian, Chinese, Mexican and Vietnamese restaurants? Central Park? Museums? All are in the neighborhood, which no longer houses the horse stables, so there's hardly any piles of horse crap anymore!

We're on the same block as the Dwight School, where the rich and stupid go (Paris Hilton dropped out)! See the celebutards of tomorrow... today!

And Kyra Sedgewick and Kevin Bacon live on 89th and CPW! We've seen 'em! And Ron Howard! Twice!

As per the IRC Charter, we would love for this place to stay "in the community."

Resnik

Foxhole Athiest
STUNNING RENT-STABILIZED UWS 1BR BACK ON THE MARKET 12/15/07!

http://www.dangoldstein.com/images/apt/index.htm

[Pictures in the link show the apartment as it was when IMPROV LEGEND DAN GOLDSTEIN lived here]

Our lease is good 'til next July, but we would LOVE for someone (though a couple is more realistic on an improv message board) to start up a new lease (that's what we did when we took over the place from Dominique Ellner and IMPROV LEGEND DAN GOLDSTEIN) on December 15th (possibly sooner).

Large one bedroom, equally large living room. Super high ceilings! TONS of BUILT-IN shelves! MUCH storage space! THREE closets (one of which is ridiculously huge)! Cable ready! Flowy sheer curtains! A toilet!

Your rent would be roughly $2,000/month (I told you a couple is more realistic), but the convenience and location are divine. The building has an elevator! You're 1.5 blocks away from the B and C! Mere yards from the M10 bus! D'Agostino? Around the corner! 24-hour Duane Reade? Also around the corner -- across the street from the Ace Hardware! McDonald's? 345 dry cleaners? Jackson Hole? Good Enough To Eat? Movie theaters? Flea markets? Cheap yet amazing Italian, Chinese, Mexican and Vietnamese restaurants? Central Park? Museums? All are in the neighborhood, which no longer houses the horse stables, so there's hardly any piles of horse crap anymore!

We're on the same block as the Dwight School, where the rich and stupid go (Paris Hilton dropped out)! See the celebutards of tomorrow... today!

And Kyra Sedgewick and Kevin Bacon live on 89th and CPW! We've seen 'em! And Ron Howard! Twice!

As per the IRC Charter, we would love for this place to stay "in the community."
Already gettin' nibbles... act fast, kids.

Did I mention Moby lives across the street?

Resnik

Foxhole Athiest
Is that true??? That jerk, he was always like "no, no, I live in Connecticut...just here for the restaurants".
He lives in the penthouse of the building on CPW between 90th and 91st (the El Dorado?). And I think Streisand used to live there, too.

It's Celebrity Central.

UWS Apartment

Hey folks,

I'm looking for a roommate. I live on columbus ave 2 blocks north of the natural history museum.

2nd floor of a walkup, 2 bedroom (so you'd get your own) with lofts, 1 bathroom, kitchen, dishwasher, one block from BC lines (for weekdays), two blocks from 123 lines (for weekends).

It's ready for immediate move in.

I'm a clean and easy going person, plus my schedule has me out of the apartment for most of the time anyway.

rent is slightly over a thou, email me for more details

johnrobert AT gmail DOT com

Marcy

1 month Sublet/option of taking over lease (Lincoln Center)

I am moving to next week but my lease does not end until Oct 28th. So I have a 1 month sublet, and if interested you could take over my part of the lease.

Rent is $899, and if you resign the landlord said he would not increase rent more than $100 for the entire rent which would be like $931. But it may not increase at all.

Available September 28th (may be flexible)
Room:
· 1 small/medium bedroom in a 3/flex room apartment.
· Fits queen bed, dresser, bench/drawer, and nightstand. BUT WILL BE UNFURNISHED
· Closet in room
· Room facing south
· Window
· 9 foot ceilings

Apartment Complex:
· LOTS OF PUBLIC TRANSPORTATON!
Near 1 train at 66th st. 5 minute walk to A, B, C, D, 1 trains at 59th st. 6 minute walk to 1, 2, 3 trains at 72nd st
· Courtyard behind building with chess tables and a sometimes working waterfall
· Access to Gym
· Laundry in building
· Concierge Desk next door for packages
· Younger residents (college students)
· Near Hudson River
· Close to grocery stores Whole Foods, Balducci’s, Western Beef, and Gristedes
· Less than 3 avenues from Central Park

You:
· Student or professional
· Male/Female (gay/straight)
· 20-30s
· Easy going, social
· Non-smoker (at least inside)
· No pets
· No drugs (at least inside)

Current Roommates:
My roommates are 1 male and 1 female, mid-late 20s. One works in retail, the other is a musician. Very social and friendly. I am not sure who is resigning the lease, it’s still up in the air. But if you are a good fit and get along well with them the option to take over my part of the lease Oct 28th will be available to you. Or if they both move out you will also have the option of staying.

If interested please contact me @ marcylane (at) gmail dot com

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Improv community -

I am looking for a cool place to live. I am leaning toward brooklyn and am looking for a 6 month place to live. If you know/have anything... please pm me... thanks

dan berman

$1250 studio sublet 88th & CPW

The location is awesome! Just a minute from the B,C trains, and 2 minutes from Central Park. Just a few blocks from bars, restaurants, shops, and the Museum of Natural History. Can't beat it!

The apartment itself is quite small...about 9x14 and includes a closet. There is a mini-fridge and a microwave, but no actual kitchen. The bathroom, which is bigger than the apartment, is down the hall and shared with 2 ladies (both very nice and tidy).

I'm looking for a subletter for October 1st through the end of December, and you have the option of taking over my lease in January.

First and last month's rent due to secure the apartment ($2500), and $1250 due Nov. 1st.

Send me an email with your name, phone number, and best time to see the place in the next couple days: jacquelynleahy@gmail.com

Hey, everybody. I need a place to live. If anyone can help me find something that isn't outrageously expensive, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks.