Sketch Comedy Group

Hey,

Hope people actually read these things.

I tried Craigslist and that was a bust, so I figured I'd throw it out to a community of like-minded people. A friend and I who write together are looking to put together a sketch comedy group. The goal is to perform live shows, but we would also film skits as well. Really just looking for any creative and comedy-minded people who would like to be part of it.

My main comedy influences are the Kids in the Hall, Monty Python, Upright Citizens Brigade, Mr. Show, Stella, and Strangers with Candy, if that gives you any idea of the tone we're going for.

Oh, and we're located in Philly/NJ.

If you're interested, you can email me at marc.dickerson84@gmail.com and see where it goes from there.

Thanks,

Marc

maughangl

Get to Sketch Up or Shut Up

Marc,

These boards aren't very active anymore, but I wanted to let you know that www.phillyimprovtheater.com has info on sketch classes - which would be a great way to meet like-minded folks interested in starting groups.

You could also come to the PHIT's monthly sketch comedy open mic, Sketch Up or Shut Up, on the first Friday of the month (next show 12/2) at 11pm and get up on stage with your partner to do something/then meet and hang out with a ton of other sketch guys after the show.

There's a lot happening - if you come down and introduce yourself I'm sure you can meet a few more folks to fill out your team.

Greg