New front page event plug program

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member
So it's getting about that time of year when I will have to renew the subscription for the server and I thought I would try out an idea to help raise money to pay for the site. It works like this. If you have a special event, show, workshop or book that you would like to plug, I will list it in this forum (the news forum) and on the front of the site for a small fee. The newest posting will always be listed at the top and I will write the code to make sure that postings are on the front of the site for at least a week.

<p>I'll start the program for August and will post here more details about any restrictions for the size of the ad. I'm thinking I'll start the price at $20 for a posting. I may adjust the price up or down based on the demand. Also, I won't be accepting off-topic kinds of plugs and reserve the right to edit ads for any reason I deem necessary. Please post any questions or concerns as a response here, since others may have the same question as you.

UPDATE: I will be phasing out this program. Current ads will remain up for now, but will eventually be removed from the front page of the site. If you want to advertise on the IRC, you will need to use the Banner Ad program.

Last edited:

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member
It will stay on the message board, but I guarantee that it will stay on the front page of the site for at least a week.

Last edited:

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member
The Details: Updated August 2008

Post in news forum and on the front page ($20): 1600 characters (including HTML) 20 lines max, one image (gif or jpg) valid sizes: 300x225 or 450x150. For now, I'd say file size of images cannot exceed 100K.

Ads must be obviously connected to improv, as in improv shows (or other shows by improvisors), improv festivals, classes, etc.

Formatting should be kept to a minimum so that it will flow with the rest of the front page of the site.

Last edited:

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member
Big thanks to Zach Tabacco and the rest of the One Acts cast for being the first sponsor to advertise on the front page of the site. As you can see the most recent adveritiser will always be featured very prominently on the front page of the site.

Several people have said to me in that they go directly to the message board and would and wondered how many people view the front of the site. Well in the first 13 days of August, there have been well over 13,000 views of the front page, over 1000 views per day, so obviously a lot of people still enter the site through the front page. Many more people will notice your ad, than if you simply post in the plugs subforum.

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member
By the way. This program is still going. You can send me a PM if you are interested.

Last edited:

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE: I will be phasing out this program. Current ads will remain up for now, but will eventually be removed from the front page of the site. If you want to advertise on the IRC, you will need to use the Banner Ad program.