I've turned off some thread ratings

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member
Due to server performance issues, I've turned off a few things including threadratings in the offtopic and political forums.

Dunford

Among Men, Dunford
But...how will I express my strong disapproval of Benorbeen without signing onto each and every one of my 15 usernames and giving each of his threads (personally) one star, therefore causing him much grief?

Resnik

Foxhole Athiest
I read that "I personally" is the third most annoying phrase in the English-speaking world. "Humanation" just missed making the list, but as soon as that book... comes... zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Gwyn

Old School
Did you also turn off the Political Forum? I can't post. More specifically, I have no options to post, i.e., no "edit", no "quote" no "quick reply" no "post reply"....
Just the "thanks" button.
Could it be because I "thanked" Sandbag for shutting down that Bolger thread? Did I do this to myself?

benorbeen

intelligentlemaniac
Well, it's nice to read the original post. Coincidentally, I seem to have noticed less negative starring of threads since the recent discussion.

Lisa P

Improviser in exile.
Did you also turn off the Political Forum? I can't post. More specifically, I have no options to post, i.e., no "edit", no "quote" no "quick reply" no "post reply"....
Just the "thanks" button.
Could it be because I "thanked" Sandbag for shutting down that Bolger thread? Did I do this to myself?
Are we all in a time out? :mope:

Gwyn

Old School
Are we all in a time out? :mope:
I literally just LOL'd. LITERALLY.

Phew! I'm glad it's not just me.

Also...I have a question....what is the difference between a Journal and a Blog?

(correction: I do have the option to edit my own posts, in the Political Forum)

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member
Also...I have a question....what is the difference between a Journal and a Blog?
The Journals were something I created just by having a forum where the only person who could reply to a thread was the person who created it. The blogs is an addon I bought which allows people to make more conventional blogs where others can leave comments.

Eugenegue

Ready for Spring
With the thread ratings being turned off, is it possible for there ever to be another quality thread? Seeing "There have been no quality threads in the last month" on the home page always makes me a little sad. :mope: