IRC Wiki

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member
I was working on an entry for my blog and I wanted to link to articles about Tina Fey and Jack McBrayer. I was disappointed that we don't have anything on either of them yet. Let's rectify that. They are officially our challenge of the week!

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member
On Sunday March 29th, John "Dr. Wimpy" Ward passed away. He was a very dedicated and passionate part of the the New York improv scene, taking classes, performing and supporting shows. He will be missed. If you performed with him or took classes or knew a bit about him and his life, I'd like you to invite you to add to his wiki page. Thanks.

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member
We are getting one or two spammers a week these days. Those of you who do keep an eye on the wiki, could you keep an eye out for spammers? Basically you are looking for a recent edit by a new member (often with a number in their name). Check the edit and see if they added a link to an outside site. Occasionally they will add a whole page. I'd like to catch these things before google and other search engines spider them.

If you notice them sneak something in, please roll back their edits and send me an email so I can block them. ircmullaney [at] gmail

I would like to publicly apologize for meddling in other people's business. I lost sight of the goals of the wiki, and overstepped my bounds. I think the IRC Wiki is a very important part of Improv's online presence, and a great resource to improvisers.

Sometimes accidentally a dick, but
Always Yours,
Darin Webb

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone, some spammers are starting to infect the wiki with all kinds of bullshit. Please help me keep an eye on it. If you see a page for a drug company or the best new e-cig or something, let me know and I can get rid of it and block them. Feel free to email me at ircmullaney [at] gmail.

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member
Please help me keep an eye on the wiki. The spamming is escalating. Clearly, I'm going to need to do something to prevent it, but in the short term I'm getting flooded with new pages of garbage every day. If you look under Recent Changes, you will see dozens of spam pages that I've deleted. They even changed the front page.

If you see someone create a new page which is clearly spam, please edit it to delete all content and if they change an existing page, roll it back. I'll try to come along and block them and completely remove the offending pages. Thanks.

I've deleted all content from these pages a few times now, but It might be more useful if I had real deletion rights.

I understand that you are weary to give a new user admin rights, but you can create a new user group that can delete pages without allowing me to block people or view logged in IP's or anything scary like that.

Feel free to ask if you need any help, I have quite a lot of experience with mediawiki. If you wanted, I could look into only letting people that have a forum account create a wiki account.

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member
I think I finally shut off the spammers for a while. What a pain. But it means I can stop checking it each and every day for spam.

If you notice any spam there, please send me a message so I can cut off the new source of it.

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member
I have added a page for Mike Enriquez. I performed with him a few times in Armando. He was a tremendous guy, very friendly, positive and funny. He died of cancer last week. He will be missed terribly by the community here. I invite people who knew him to add more info about him to the wiki.

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member
The wiki has now been updated and I'm trying yet again a new method to stop spam. If you haven't created a wiki account yet, you might want to create one now and let me know if you have any trouble doing so.

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member
No spam so far, but no new changes. Could someone edit something just to make sure regular users still have access to make changes?

hi.

I was just looking at the great page of UCB NY Harold team rosters, and wishing there was one for UCB NY (and LA) Maude sketch teams. I'd like to start compiling one, but would that be too far outside the scope of an Improv Wiki?

Last edited:
hi.

I was just looking at the great page of UCB NY Harold team rosters, and wishing there was one for UCB NY (and LA) Maude sketch teams. I'd like to start compiling one, but would that be too far outside the scope of an Improv Wiki?
I've started this Maude rosters list as a Google Doc for now — anybody who wants to add names and info, email me at dchadwick at gmail and I'll add you as an editor.