IRC Wiki

benzado

Bachelor of Science
I don't know much about wikis, but could we implement infoboxes? I think they would be perfect for things like Venues and Groups.
I tried to set up infoboxes early, it turns out to be hella difficult, and I gave up. You basically have to set up an elaborate system of templates nested within templates and then eventually, when they are all set up, you can make an infobox. So once somebody sets it up it should be smooth sailing. I guess I am saying you have my blessing, for whatever that's worth.

Hal Phillips

I Am Hal Phillips
This might be naive (and god knows Ben knows this stuff better than I do), but wouldn't it be possible to just like, cut and paste an infobox from Wikipedia, and then delete the contents and add in whatever we wanted? Would that not show up the way it's supposed to?

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member
You gotta know which templates to copy over and like Benzado says, one template will use 4 or 5 others as base templates and so on and so on. It's a pain in the ass, but certainly possible.

Seems entry titles are case-sensitive, and there's two entries for group game; one is Group Game (with a captial G on Game) and the other is Group game (with a lowercase G on game). The one with the Capital G seems more complete, is there an easy way to merge these or delete one?

There's a way to redirect so all searches go to the one you prefer. I did it for "SidViscous" and "SidViscous!". I think it's a tag in the one you want to keep, but I'll have to check the help file to verify that.

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member
I mentioned Susan Messing in a recent blog post of mine and wanted to link her wiki entry in the post. But to my dismay, there was nothing for her yet. I threw up a stub for her and intend to flesh it out later. Anyone who would like to help flesh it out, please do. Oh! And please don't just copy the official wiki entry. You can use it as a source, but there must be a lot of good stuff about her from other sources.

mullaney

IRC Administrator
Staff member
I mentioned Susan Messing in a recent blog post of mine and wanted to link her wiki entry in the post. But to my dismay, there was nothing for her yet. I threw up a stub for her and intend to flesh it out later. Anyone who would like to help flesh it out, please do. Oh! And please don't just copy the official wiki entry. You can use it as a source, but there must be a lot of good stuff about her from other sources.
This is shaping up with a little help from Miss Mason from Chicago. Thanks!