Introduce yourself here:

Hey guys, my name is Eric. I got into improv last year sort of on a whim, directing a comedy show at my college. This year we formed an improv troupe and have done a few shows, which has been awesome. After I graduate I'm planning to head to Chicago to study at iO and Second City, but for now I'm just trying to soak up all the information that I can.

Cedric alias BeepMaster (from FRANCE)

Hi,

Cedric (alias BeepMaster) from France,
I practice improvisation for more than 10 years now with one main goal : have fun :eek:)

I'm also a French illusionist, with classic magic tricks and other tricks specialized with new technologies / robotics : small robots come on stage and assist me during the show, choose the good card, use laser device, use remote controlled magic devices... etc :)

I'm also a computer sciences teacher/trainer ( my main job :) ) I train new
program analyst, complete expert knowledge in lot of domains.

Hope to read more about this forum to speak about improvisation tips and general purpose :)

Hope to read you soon :)

Hi Everyone,
I'm Abby, I'm a Communications Graduate student, and I study comedy and improvisation. I was a member of my college improv group for 3 years before I passed the torch on to younger members. This summer I am going to Chicago to take some immersion classes, and after I graduate I hope to move to Chicago and take classes at Second City.

ImprovED 4 life

Hi everyone,
I accidently posted earlier because I have a new tablet and I am getting used to it. But my name is Abby, I'm From Maine, and I was in an improv group for three years. I stopped performing because I am going to grad school. But I study comedy and performance and I am doing my Research on improv. soon I would like to move to Chicago and do that whole thing.

ImprovED 4 life

Hi everyone,
I accidently posted earlier because I have a new tablet and I am getting used to it. But my name is Abby, I'm From Maine, and I was in an improv group for three years. I stopped performing because I am going to grad school. But I study comedy and performance and I am doing my Research on improv. soon I would like to move to Chicago and do that whole thing.

John Duncan - I have been doing Improv since the early 1980s in California. Worked with an ex-student of Viola Spolin. Performed and taught with Flash Family in San Francisco for many years. Also worked with Bay Area Theater Sports and produced and directed my own group, Mirthquake for a long time. In L.A. I took classes at IO West and taught my own classes. I have been doing more scripted work lately but I still have my classes now in the Central Valley of California, Chico, California.

Hello

Hey guys

I'm Maggie Cargill. I'm originally from Kansas City but I'm now living in Wellington, New Zealand.

I'm currently working with the Wellington Improvisation troupe, and I just finihsed a few workshops with Patti Stiles.

I've been improvising for about 7 years now. I'm mostly self-taught with the occasional workshop here and there.

I'm hoping to put together a Harold group Down Under and I'm looking for any advice.

¶¶¶ Howdy Do ¶¶¶

Greetings!
Moi be Tor Hershman, The Cyclone Of The Psyche, The Universal Toilet Cleaner, The Amazon River Of Consciousness, The Iconoclast Deluxe, The Turd.

Currently I am #1 on the Ruling Class'ssssssss Must Ignore At All Cost List.

I have always enjoy Improv.
Probably my finest work is "The DocTOR Is In," which may be, maybe, still online...somewhere.
It is [was?] monologuesque-improv.
Oh yeah, Tom Scharpling and moi had a most amusing exchange on his radio show. Afterwards Young Master Scharpling said, "I don't know if he [myself] was the worst or best person I ever had on?"

Most, and much of this is improvised after an seminal concept/direction, of me crapola is parody, editorialist satire or just goofiness, e.g.,

Stay on groovin' safari,
Tor "Here's one of my cards :9c:" Hershman

Introducing myself

Up here in Winnipeg, though this is south for me. Lived and taught in the public school up to five years ago. Always sought out fellow actors. Joined groups or started them.

Have started a theatre group in Winnipeg, and we do improv as part of our preparation for our work.

This is a very interesting online community.

Hi gang! I'm Órla and I'm based in Ireland. I used to live in Seattle many moons ago, and have loads of good pals there from the Improv world.
I perform and teach improv, as well as working in scripted theatre (playwright and actor), storytelling, and Voice Over work. I've formed a brand new troupe (with some old fogies ;)) in Galway called The Sky Babies. Hope to see some of you on one of the Continents.

Improv in the Park

Hi, I'm Deena. I run a meetup called Improv in the Park. We get together on a regular basis at various parks and public spaces around New York City to play improv games, practice various improv techniques, learn tips and tricks from each other. You can find more information on us at www.improvinthepark.com.

I also take improv classes at UCB NY (starting Level 3 in a few days) and have previously studied at Magnet Theater. I usually attend 2-5 improv shows a week :).

My name is Slava. I am the author of a "System of theatrical improvisation". Never understood the principle Yes and .. Sometimes you to disagree with your fellow actor but offer more interesting idea.

Hi everyone!
I'm Marcin Brdej, but you could call me Martin, if you like. I come from Poland, where I live as well (in city called Kraków). I came here to learn more about US improvisation, witch should me richer in experience and knowledge.
I've met improv thx to Whose Line (like probably most of people in my country). I'm improvising for 2,5 years now.
I did long Armand, and of course a lot of short games. I even created a group and was its leader for more than a year. Not anymore, cose now I want to focus on short term impro projects. I do impro evenings (since 2012) where there is only me and public - I'm explaining games to them and they do the rest, having fun. I organized some Power Point Karaoke as well. Tried to collect everything under one name: improgresja. You can check out the website: www.improgresja.pl. It's in polish, but google translate works quite well with it.
I'm a newbie who is looking for some inspiration. Greating to all of you!
P.S. I hate rules in impro, but love Mike Napier for giving me support in my thoughts. Play character and be it with strong decisions and consequence. Thats all.