Chris Griswold is a Great, Experienced Coach

Find out how simple good improv can be. Learn to trust yourself and stop overthinking.

**In celebration of having coached for 250 hours this year, I am giving a discount to practices between 8am and 6pm M-F.

I'll respond to your email ASAP and if I'm not available, I'll reach out and find a good coach who is.**

As a former UCB registrar, I understand the UCB curriculum deeply and have perfect practice regimens specifically for UCB student groups working on their particular level's grad shows.

My 15 years of coaching make figuring out what will work for you easy. Let's reach and see what else you can do.

Has Improv 201 put you in your head? Do identifying the game and playing second beats seem mystifying? Pattern game giving you trouble? Guess what: Everyone in your class is pretending they get it. Let's break it down so it doesn't just make sense, but it's also easy and fun.

While I rely heavily on UCB-style technique, I draw heavily from my improv training with Chicago teachers and I frequently create exercises on the fly to address specific issues as needed. I'm also now drawing on my Annoyance training for inspiration.

I can simplify structure while helping you to overcome your individual weaknesses.

Check out my great feedback at ImprovCoaches.com: http://www.improvcoaches.com/coaches/chris-griswold

Stats:
Coaching/teaching improv since 1999.
Started at UCB in 2004.
Assistant Registrar at UCB.
Creator/Host of Indie Harold Night
Creator of longform structure The Forum.
Founder of Thunderbolt Improv Incubator
I run the blog UCB Love and created the class alert emails.

Member of:
- Sound Machine
- Perfect Zero
- The Improvised Documentary
- The Improvised Movie ASP 2012

UCB Classes with:
Matt Walsh, Billy Merritt, Owen Burke, Jackie Clark, Brian Huskey, Kevin Mullaney, Michael Delaney, Will Hines, Porter Mason, Dyna Moe, Anthony King, Eugene Cordero, Nate Dern, Achilles Stamatelaky.

Annoyance:
Mark Grenier, Christian Capozzoli, Philip Markle

Other:
Miles Stroth, Dan Bakkedahl, Andy Eninger, Shaun Landry

Contact Info:
Email: coaching@chrisgriswold.com
Text: 917-720-7291

Last edited: