Ooh superman where are you now
When everything’s gone wrong somehow
The men of steel, the men of power
Are losing control by the hour.

This is the time
This is the place
So we look for the future
But there’s not much love to go round
Tell me why, this is a land of confusion.

This is the world we live in
And these are the hands we’re given
Use them and let’s start trying
To make it a place worth living in.

I remember long ago -
Ooh when the sun was shining
Yes and the stars were bright
All through the night
And the sound of your laughter
As I held you tight
So long ago -

I won’t be coming home tonight
My generation will put it right
We’re not just making promises
That we know, we’ll never keep.

Too many men
There’s too many people
Making too many problems
And not much love to go round
Can’t you see
This is a land of confusion.

Now this is the world we live in
And these are the hands we’re given
Use them and let’s start trying
To make it a place worth fighting for.

This is the world we live in
And these are the names we’re given
Stand up and let’s start showing
Just where our lives are going to.

philmo

Sorry World!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

i just now got a pm from a special person. they want to know if i would update what i have been doing for the last 2 years. they read my journal and noticed a little gap in this here journal. yea, well, uhhh. and they want to know what i've been doing with my time.

i haven't been doing anything interesting. i really need to get out more. i want to quit my job and travel around. but i got a job and a house and 2 dogs and a cat and a tank full of fish and a truck payment and........

(que dream)
ahhhhhhhhhh........
powerballl
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttt.
(end dream, cue life)

now i'm drunk. sorry for the long break between this paragraph and the last one.

break.....gotta kazaa a song.

o.k. i'm back for a sec.

i've been trying my own liquor filtration project. i used what was left in my 1/2 gal cuervo bottle. can i make my cheap tequila smooth? so i went to sam's club and got me a brita filtration pitcher and.........

i gotta test it.

you gotta check this song out.
it is crazy.
http://philmo.net/lzb.mp3
great song. awesome spoken word.

anyway, i did 4 filters and it got smoother, but had a bad aftertaste. like rubbing alcohol. i added some lemon juice to the 5th filter of the cuervo and it about bit my tongue off. so i filtered twice more and it is nice. i guess it pulled that tart taste out with just a touch of lemon. next time i'll try lime.
here's the link for the idea. http://www.ohmygoditburns.com/ i'm thinking about doing some flavored vodka. horseradish vodka sounds very interesting.

philmo

Sorry World!
since the election i have been trying to figure out what the hell people were thinking when they voted for bush. i have been going wild trying to get info. i've been going to new sites and have actually been watching c-span and the different news shows on cnn and fox. i have even been listening to local republiradio to trying to get some insight into what is going onand what the repubs are thinking.

listening to rush yesterday was interesting. nothing about the deficit or iraq except for them telling us we're kicking ass. no mention of the now as of today 50+ u.s. soldiers and marines who have died in fallujah in the past 2 weeks. nope. rush spent his time that i listened to dogging on clinton and his new library. with callers getting in on it too. so to get this straight. our world is in chaos here in the u.s. with the iraq war, the deficit, the job thing, the gas thing, a divided country etc....and rush is taking potshots at a former president who hasn't been in office for over 4 years. where are their priorities?

did you see fahrenheit 9/11?

toward the end there as this nutty person in a lean-to across the street from the white house yelling about the war and that every one is getting killed over there. moore has a lady on camera that had lost her son in a copter accident over there and she's very upset about it. anyway some other lady that's there jumps in and says to the camera that this is all propaganda and it's not true not knowing that the lady who lost her kid is standing 5 feet away. she sees her and says more of the same stuff. and then the first lady who lost her son says it is true and that her son had died over there. and the second lady gives her this look like she is trying to ruin the santa myth. i thought it was indicitive of the head-in-the-sand mindset of some people in this country.

my neighbor down the street voted for bush. had the yard signs too. btw, he works for owens-corning fiberglas and is a union guy. he also had the temerity to hold up 4 fingers to me as i was driving by and yell "4 more years". i guess i am a on-the-fringe commie or something. i just don't get it. i'm trying.
1. the deficit is huge.
2. all fuel prices are way up.
3. we're fighting a war that is going nowhere.
4. the dollar is in the toilet all over the world.
5. most of the world hates americans.
6. the president loves yes men and women.
7. the country is divided.
8. the religious right is trying to take over the country.
9. job situation is in the toilet.
10. i got a 1% pay raise this year after a great appraisal from my boss.
after all this that i just got off the top of my head i'm supposed to vote for bush cause he's been doing such a great job.

i was listening to savage nation on the way home from work yesterday. btw, he is a crackpot from what i can tell. he was all over clinton too and his library. he was saying how bush gave clinton way too much respect and that bush was going overboard at the library dedication. then this guy calls in and to let you know how some of the religirepublicans are thinking, this guy says that bush is just a democrat in wolves clothing. i guess his point was that bush was not being hard ass enough and was a pussy like the dems.

i just don't get it. no one cares about the country they just want someone to pander to their whiny needs. i read in the n.y. times that bush will be dropping the religious right freaks after the election. that he just used them to get the vote. i would be happy with that.

go read something and get some info. http://www.dailykos.com/ and if anyone has any good sites you think i should check out let me know.

philmo

Sorry World!
WOW! Everyone is still here, mostly.

this is cool. i'm still alive.

does anyone know any good blues harp sites or performer i can look up?

anyway been busy. will try to update, but not now.

here's the pic of the day. taken by me, sometime....