A Hopeless Romantic

I met Matt's mom on Monday night! She came into the library and stopped downstairs where Matt and I were working. He introduced me to her. She seemed really cute and soft spoken. Hah, totally opposite of Matt who is not soft spoken at all!

Matt's parents went out of town for the weekend. So on Thursday night he invited me over to his house for the first time! He has a cute house, and it was interesting to see his room, it sort of gives you a better sense of the person. Lots of books! Hah, I'm jealous of all the bookshelf space he has. I wonder if he'll invite me over more often... Probably not because the walls are really thin and the house is small and I dunno if he's comfortable with just simply hanging out with his parents home and all...

Then the next morning we worked together at the library and an old co-worker Randy, who used to work at the library with me 10 years ago came in. He's gay and totally has the hots for Matt, lol. So we were all talking for half an hour. Then later that evening Randy links onto our facebooks: "Rumor on the street from an old lady at the library, is that Jenn and Matt are dating. Funny, I saw both of them today and neither one mentioned it." I LOLed. I thought maybe this will help make things "official" between Matt and I.

Then the post was removed half an hour later. I private messaged Randy and he told me that my co-worker (and his close friend) Evita told him to take it down because we might get mad. He also told me that an old lady I work with called another lady (who used to work at the library 10 years ago with me!) and told her Matt and I are dating. Part of library gossip I guess, lol.

Well, I told Matt about the post Randy made on our FB accounts before it was deleted, and I think it scared Matt away! It really blows because things seemed to be going SO good for a while! But Matt backed off big time, and hasn't even texted me for over a week now. He still shows a lot of interest when we're hanging out or at work, but there hasn't been anything extra for a while now... :-(

I just wish he would get over his fears and finally go with his heart. I know his heart wants to be with me and could be very happy with me, but his head is telling him otherwise...

Well, I've hinted to Matt (over text of course) that he's been ignoring me, and another time how a comment he made about a co-worker's daughter was inappropriate. He definitely got the hint about the ignoring thing, but I dunno if he got the other one. It just really sucks because I know he's really into me, but he just doesn't want to be "committed" to someone. And I'm a person who really likes to be in a relationship with someone. So it'll be his loss if some other guy decides he likes me and swoops me up because Matt can't make up his damn mind...

And actually that is exactly what is happening. For the past 2 weeks I have been painting at a haunted house. It's pretty awesome because I have free artistic license to do pretty much whatever I want. AND... there are some pretty hot guys working there too. One of the guys, Sam, keeps coming over by me and flirting with me. And he's really laying it on thick. Last week, the first day he met me he was just hanging out in my area saying "You should paint us kissing right...here" and already referring to me as "girlfriend." Then a few days later he comes over to me and puts his arm around me for a couple seconds and says "We should paint together" and then started complimenting my artwork. Then he said "If you make this next clown look awesome, I'll take you out on a date. And if it's not awesome you have to take me out on a date." Then as he's walking away he says "Either way we both win."

So I'm not sure what to do. He's damn hot, but I don't know if he's the kind of guy I want to actually be with. I think he's a player and I think he's still in college because he was talking about his grades on the phone to someone. But I know he's over 21, I'm guessing between 22-24. I'm 28. And our boss refers to him as lazy, lol. So I dunno, it might be fun to just go on a few dates. He does make me feel good, better than Matt has been making me feel lately. Matt's perfect for me, but he'd rather be a "confirmed bachelor" so I'm sick of him being hot and cold towards me, and he's been especially distant lately. He even made me cry the other day after I left work because he was joking around about wanting to get with a co-worker's daughter. It just stung really bad, and he's totally oblivious to it too. If he wants to be an idiot, then let him. I'll gladly give some other guy a chance in the meantime...

Haha, now I've found out another guy at this haunted house has a big crush on me! This guy Justin, who's been working near me, has the hots for me too. He's been trying to make more conversation with me lately, and even brought me half of his Subway sandwich. Haha, I'm not going to turn down free food! He was even helping me bring my paints out of an area, it was kinda cute. But he's not really my type at all, this guy swears like a sailor, smokes, has dated a stripper in the past and listens to metal and hard rap.

And that other guy Sam has continued his aggressive macking on me. I think he even copped a feel of my butt when I was by the sink washing my paint brushes! A little later when I was washing my brushes again, he came into the room and shut the door like he had some naughty intentions in mind, and then he laughed and opened the door and left! He was also coming over to my area a lot today and flirting. He also asked me when I was going to stay late on a Friday or Saturday and drink with them. Sam is actually the one who told me that Justin had said that I'm really pretty, so I almost feel as if he's trying to stir up some trouble...

It's sort of funny because this morning on 103.5 Drex in the Morning, they were talking about the top 10 cities for women to live in if they want to get married and the reasoning being the ratio of men being a lot higher than the ratio to women. Which is totally true! Me being the only chick working at this place, and there's at least 5-6 other guys working there at any given moment, a couple of them are going to start to take notice of the only chick...

So I hung around longer today thinking Sam and the other guys were going to stay and party or drink or something. But instead, a bunch of people were arriving to get spots to be Scarers in the haunted house. I didn't really see Sam much today, but as I was cleaning off my brushes for the last time today, Sam came over to me and touches my neck and asks me if I smoke. I told him "not cigarettes" and he laughed. And then he says "Well I'll have to get you drunk one of these days" and I say "Maybe"

So I hung around to see if I could get a spot as a Scarer, and I did! So it looks like I'll be around for another month at the place, plenty of time for encounters with Sam... He never did follow through on that date yet, so maybe I will tell him that he never did tell me what he thought of that clown...

Damn, I feel so popular this month!

Okay, now Justin is kind of growing on me. He's also being pretty persistent, but definitely not as aggressive as Sam has been. And definitely more respectable than Sam. Justin has been talking to me a bit on Facebook and at the Haunted House. Justin and Sam were planning on getting a hotel room and partying after the first night the haunted house was open, but Sammy disappeared, so Justin invited me and a few of his other friends. So I hung out with him all night until 6am and had fun. I've realized he's a big teddy bear. But he has had a pretty rough past. He got out of jail exactly a year ago (was in for 2 years). I think he was in there for fighting and drug dealing, gang related stuff I think. He grew up in the hood, but now that he's out of there he's been staying away from that stuff. He was telling me a lot of other things, how he almost died 3 times, one of them being stabbed in the side, another was when he fell 3 stories off a building. But now he wants to stay the hell away from that stuff and just wants to live his life. He wants to find a girl and start a family, but he blows through his money so fast on all his friends, and himself, lol. He drinks and smokes way too much... I dunno what to think. But he's grown on me and is kind of cute in a tough boy way. His mom is white and his dad is hispanic. He's got these gorgeous eyes and cute freckles. And he has a dark goatee, a widows peak, a couple tattoos and is in damn good shape.

And then Sam, is sort of like a Ken doll. He's got really short blonde hair, a bit of facial stubble, a chiseled face and piercing blue eyes. Normally I don't go for the blonde/blue eyed, but damn he's hot. And his voice is hot too. And damn, he is so touchy feely! When he saw my costume the first night on Friday, which is a short clown dress with stripped stockings, he was asking me what I was wearing underneath and if the stockings go all the way up. And he'll find any excuse to touch me, especially around my breasts. I keep my clown nose tucked in my dress right in the cleavage area, and he'll reach in and grab it and mess with me. He's also squeezed my ass a few times. And then on Saturday I was doing people's makeup in the costume area. So he found excuses to take off his shirt in front of me a couple times and was looking back to see if I was checking him out, lol. And then he found an excuse to plop himself down in the makeup chair, the very last person to get makeup. He was enjoying the view as I stood between his legs and applied makeup to his face. He was being pretty "naughty" touching me on my legs and said he's going to "mess" with me all month. Then when I was done he put his arm around me and thanked me for the makeup all while coping a feel of my breast! Then later on I see him with no makeup on and he has a mask that he's using.

Saturday Justin was asking Sam where he went Friday night, that they got the hotel room, and that I was there too, and Sam was like "WTF? Why didn't you guys call me?! Are you getting a room tonight? I'm so there!" But then he disappeared again an hour before we closed and I guess he drove someone home and decided not to come back. So I dunno what his deal is. I think he's a total player, he definitely likes talking to all the other girls there, but I don't think he's as touchy feely with them as he is with me. Maybe I'm wrong. And I guess Sam was telling Justin last week that I sounded kinda "lame" after I was telling him that I didn't drink that much, and quit smoking pot like 9 months ago. Talk about making snap judgments. Because Justin was telling me Friday night that I was cool as fuck and that Sammy didn't know what the hell he was talking about. Haha, oh well, Sam's loss if Justin's the one that ends up scoring. :flip:

So the next weekend went by with a snooze. I didn't hang out with either of them. I know I have been playing a bit "hard to get" with Justin and have even indirectly told him I'm not really interested. I wasn't interested at first, but like I said he's been growing on me. So that second weekend I noticed he was flirting with some other girl there at the haunted house and he left with this girl and her group of friends. So I was just like "whatever, maybe I'll now go for Sam."

But then another week goes by and that following weekend (this past weekend) Justin was talking shit about this girl and her friends. I guess he found out they were only 17 or something, and they were really annoying and dumb. So now he's back to macking on me. We hung out again Friday night and drank till 4am. Nothing happened and I didn't really want anything more to happen, but we got to know each other a little more.

And today he saw me on Facebook and was talking to me. He was trying to convince me to let him give me a massage, I told him a foot massage would be nice. So maybe I might get one of those this weekend. Then he asked if I was even remotely interested in him. I told him he was growing on me and that made him happy. It's only Tuesday and he's even secured a hang out "date" for this Friday after the haunted house, so that's good.

I kinda wish things would have went somewhere with Matt, but he's just so resistant about being in a commitment. He even found my OKCupid account about 2 weeks ago and was asking me some stuff about what exactly I was looking for. He has been texting me nearly every night too since then. I haven't initiated hardly any of these conversations, hah. And Matt is actually working at the haunted house a few days here and there and when I leave my spot to visit him and talk to him he stands really close to me. So things might get interesting in the next few weeks... He knows about all the guys macking on me there, but he hasn't seen anything yet. I wonder if he would get jealous and try to make things "official" with me, or just do his own thing...

Well things have steamed up quite a bit with Justin and I. We hung out all 4 nights after the haunted house this past weekend! A couple of the nights we hung out at a bar afterwards and then went back to the campfire at the haunted house and hung out there until about 6 in the morning, lol. And he's so sweet, Sunday night it was pouring rain and I dropped my phone in a huge puddle. He searched for it for nearly 20 minutes until he found it for me.

And now he's calling me everyday to talk and sends me sweet text messages and "kisses" over text. He keeps telling me how awesome I am and how he's never been around a girl that makes him smile so much. He's definitely grown on me a lot in the past week. We have plans to go to Great America this Saturday and we're going to rent a hotel room the night before. It should be fun, I can't wait! This will be the last weekend the haunted house will be open too...